From Stock, the RB25DET is commonly found in R33 and R34 Skyline, Stagea, C34 and C35 Laurel. Its a solid engine package from the factory with VVT on the intake cam and a responsive ball bearing turbo it puts out between 150-180kw at the rear wheels, it makes for a very fun setup when mixed with the right extras.
These motors are common and easily found locally for between $1500-2500 depending on each package making for a cost effective conversion that gives a great base for upgrades later on.
We have a lot of experience with these engines and built and tuned a wide variety of setups, with this we are taking our pick of the setups we like to give you a basic guide line with proven results to help you work towards your goals. There is other options with most parts, so we can often modify these to suit your goals and budget, so you need to contact us to work out a package deal
Notes on the packages
- Your car needs to be manual, a manually shifted auto is ok, but not preferred.
- Packages are based off a 100% stock car
- Each step includes the modifications from the lower steps, unless listed other wise
- Power gains are estimated off a 160kw base figure
- Some parts are variable cost due to a range of parts options
- Optional parts arn’t includes in the total price
- Variable pricing is done on an average for the total price
- Front Mount intercooler $485
- 3″ front pipe back Exhaust system $700-1250
- (Optional) 3″ high flow dump pipe $150
- Pod filter or high flow air filter $50-150
- (Optional) Aftermarket blow off valve $120-350
- (Optional) 3″ intake pipe AFM delete $99
- Walbro 500hp intank fuel pump, $195
- Link G4 Plug in ECU $1890
- Link G4 3 port boost solenoid $99
- Labour, sundries and Dyno tuning charge. Approx $1900
- 200-230kw (average of 220kw) and approx 420Nm at the crank
- 37.5% power increase!
Total cost +/- $5580
This is the stage where you need to decide what your goals are, power aspiration’s etc as heading in to this stage with out a plan can become very costly and expensive
This is our recommended street and entry level motorsport package
- Garrett 3076R turbo $2100
- 4″ intake pipe and Filter $175
- braided Oil and push lock water lines $260
- Sinco Customs top mount Steam Pipe Exhaust manifold $1150
- 44mm Tial Wastegate $520
- 3″ Custom Dump Pipe $250
- (Optional and recommended) Greddy Front Facing plenum $440
- (Optional, factory Nissan throttle body recommended) 80mm Throttle Body $240
- Modified intercooler piping $99
- Aftermarket Blow off valve $120-350
- Shred Motorsport Custom 5 Puck clutch $750
- ID1000cc injectors $990
- Top feed fuel rail $115
- Tomei or Sard Fuel pressure regulator $195
- Labour, sundries and Tuning. Approx $2100
Power 280-330kw while still being very responsive on 98 pump gas
Price +/- $9630 +stage one
Construction to be continued from here
*Optional, required for high boost applications
This is for people looking for over 400kw.
For Motorsport we recommend the use of E85 fuel along with our upgrade packages, as its has a huge range of benefits, from power increases, improved cooling etc.